Tuesday, September 21, 2010


Subtractive and Additive Monoprinting

Using a water based ink didn't give me much freedom: the ink dried too fast, and left most of my paper on the glass. I also realised I'd also chosen papers that aren't exactly the best for this sort of thing.

I experimented with too much ink, then too little, then too watery (which I tried to add a retarder to), brushes, rags, hands, cotton wool, knives, etc. and although I'm starting to see great potential in the medium, I think much more experimentation is needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.