Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Collagraphs_Text, Multiples and Meaning_12

My resolved choices (favourites) are:
These prints are all A3 - large - without clearly defined borders and with text revealed (barely) through the texture... I experimented with masking and cutting of rice paper (image 3), and found rubbing away parts of the rice paper easier. On the first two, I tried powders, oils and masking fluids as well as rubbing the brayer onto selected parts of the plate to achieve a variation in print.

Masks, transformation of masks and texture/text in a form of reveal and conceal was my theme, and I was fairly satisfied with the outcomes.



2 comments:

J. Morgan Springer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lee scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.