Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Collagraphs_Text, Multiples and Meaning_8





Plate 9 - so this is when things started getting interesting...
I started reviewing the idea of 'automated scribble' to make a shape, and although thought came into the actual process, I still hoped to achieve a 'textured' written sort of idea. My inspiration for this was Mira Schor, but I wanted to remove the obviousness of writing. The text is from a poem by Scott Mcloud – Understanding Comics

Words written into aluminium and rubbings taken in aluminium, which was then glued to a plate and painted over with gesso.

I experimented with

printing on rice paper, with a light 'masking' around the figure/form to print in main area...
printing on rice paper with loaded ink on collagraph
printing on A3 watercolour paper
Overloaded ink on thin surface of collagraph printed on A3 cartidge paper
printing on rice paper, with a light 'masking' around the figure/form to print in main area...

No comments: