Monday, January 10, 2011

Material and Conceptual Investigations_4

Materiality 1:
Intention...
To represent a memory with reality as a combination of time and space – in a sort of 'capturing of a memory based on an experience

By day three, my leaves were dying... I gathered my now brown leaves, went through them and found a leaf which had the partial red colouring on it still. I then wrapped the brown leaves in a sort of lament, and then wrapped the visual diary notes from my excursion in the same fashion. I placed the objects in man made boxes From IKEA, which I thought was quite fitting – the nature away from nature... and then I created a backdrop, similar to those found in professional portrait studios my family went to year in and year out, to photograph the family looking all clean and happy. I chose to use a repeated image in a variation of colours, because my memory of the day changes when I think about what mood I am trying to convey about the situation.

Day 1 - Leaves – vibrant and red...




Day 3 - Leaves – … in their caskets...



Day 5 – ... I tried to skeletonize the leaves, with very little joy

















Elements and Method...I then created a backdrop using Photoshop taking a photograph from the internet of a 'lovely leafy natural backdrop' which I printed out in various seasonal colours as well as black and white. I 'stitched' the A3 pages together to create a backdrop similar to those found in professional portrait studios my family went to year in and year out, to photograph the family looking all clean and happy. I chose to use a repeated image in a variation of colours, because my memory of the day changes when I think about what mood I am trying to convey about the situation.



No comments: